- Producing high quality Timber Frame Passive Houses since 2007.
- Wall/floor/roof U-values of 0.10W/(m2.K).
- Last 10 Air-tightness tests between 0.26-0.56ACH @50Pa.
- Twin-Stud reduces material costs and increases performance.
- Over 200 Timber Frame Passive Houses built to date making us the most experienced in the country.
- Closed Panel walls delivered pre-finished with Cellulose Insulation and triple glazed windows fitted.
- Walls pre-finished in the factory, so no wet trades are required on site.
- Factory finished Timber Frame Passive houses have many advantages over traditional construction methods in terms of quality and construction speed.
- Have a look at our "Passive Budget Build" package for price indications.
Our patented Passive Slab foundation system is certified by the Passive Haus institute as Cold Bridge free at the wall/floor junction and is very compatible with the Twin Stud. You can see how easy it is to run the Radon Barrier with our system; this is the major fault with other systems that normally fail at the door threshold!
Air-tightness is achieved using taped OSB or air-tight membranes on the inside of our timber frame houses. We've achieved excellent Air tightness results as low as 0.3 air changes/hr @50Pa with this method, easily achieving the Passive House standard. Our latest development, the Twin-Stud timber frame totally eliminates Cold Bridging.
The 300mm Twin-Stud insulated with densly pumped Cellulose insulation (60kg/m2) achieves a Cold Bridge free wall and roof 0.11W/(m2.K) U-value from the Passive House Institute. Our Timber Frame house walls have a Decrement Degree of over 12 hours giving the house a high thermal mass effect and excellent heat retention. This Timber Frame wall-build up is designed to hold onto heat for a long time when you turn off the heat and to minimise daily temperature fluctuation, Internal MgO board absorbs noise, regulates humidity internally and is impact resistant.
The silent web-joist middle floors have similar noise transmittance to concrete floors, this can be improved further by installing a 50mm concrete screed.